Sunday, October 26, 2008

Here and There, Around and About

Earlier in the summer, our scooter broke down, and while we were waiting for the opportunity to take it to the repair shop, we began walking to work.  I have fallen in love with this time in my day; about 2 miles each way.  It's a nice way to gear up for the day, as well as wind down at the end of the day.  Plus, Michael and I have both become healthier and thinner as a result.  Woo-hoo!  Here are a few photos from our daily walk.

This alley is full of restaurant that all cook the SAME kind of food.  They're not doing too well; no one is ever in them, but curiously, I think  it has nothing to do with the fact that they all sell the same thing.  I think location has more to do with it.

Lights!  Recently, the city installed lights on this bridge; they glow yellow and have blue accents.  It's very bright and neat to look at.

Fall morning.  Lovely!

This commute beats my old, 45-minute commute on I-5 any day.  I'll take it, rain or shine.
---

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love your walk. I used to have a 15 minute walk to the metro when I lived in Santiago. I took pictures of my favorite things on my walk one day. They are some of my favorites of the whole 6 months! I love the fall colors. We went to Storvick park today and the colors are GORGEOUS. I need to get back there and take some photos. Its so fun to read about your life over there!