Monday, March 3, 2008

New Temporary Home

Thurday night ended up being the last night we had to sleep in what we affectionately now call the "Bordello;" i.e. Korean motel. We have inherited the apartment that belonged to the teachers we replaced at Kids' College, and as they moved out Friday night, we moved in. What a blessed change!

I took a few pictures, but please forgive the backlighting.

Here you have the entrance hallway. Cabinets and storage make up the entire left wall, bathroom is on the right.

Kitchen!

Here's the living room; it's a straight shot in from the doorway. We inherited all the furniture you see.


Here's the loft that we use as a bedroom. The staircase comes up to the left of the bed. Behind where I was standing is a desk and lamp. You can't quite stand up in the loft, but it's a fun place to sleep!


The little staircase that goes up to the loft. To the left is the kitchen and behind me is the living room.

And of course, how could I leave out the bathroom? No bidet on the toilet, so I suppose we'll always have to use toilet paper. ...We all have some sacrifices to make...sigh...

So that's the tour of our apartment! It's small, but I find it very comfortable. Unfortunately, we can't settle here because the man who owns the apartment no longer wants to rent it to foreigners (no prejudices, of course!), so we will move down to the 2nd floor in two weeks. The apartment will look exactly the same, but we'll have to haul all that stuff down there.

3 comments:

Kortney said...

Hey! Glad to hear that you've finally made it back and have a place (even if you're not there yet)! Looks really nice. I'm jealous. :) Yes, I would love to meet sometime. I think I'm comin to Seoul on Saturday maybe with a friend so she can get her haircut. Can you email me and then we can make some plans? My email is 1gurlrevolution@gmail.com.

Stacy said...

Cozy cute place! I love the loft and the kitchen. I can see you two quite comfy there. Get a mask, I hear the yellow smog stuff is pretty bad today!

Megan said...

Yay, you're out of the love shack! I like the new place, it's cute! Too bad you have to move stuff downstairs though! At least you inherited a few nice pieces of furniture! Any rides on the scooter yet??