Monday, October 1, 2007

Non-Teaching Adventures

Our latest highlights!

We went to the local open-air market yesterday; it's like Chinatown, uh, in Korea. We bought vegetables grown on a farm about 2 Km away from the market, fresh bread, and maybe next time, we'll work up the guts to buy fish.

This weekend, we were once again reminded of how much we love where we live. A 10-minute walk away from our house is the big city park. There are about 6 large fountains in the park, and Sunday night, the fountains were lit up in rainbow colors. The colors changed with the movement of the fountains--it was like a fireworks show with fountains, all going on in our back yard. This park also has a large playground, badminton courts, a skatepark, a soccer field, basketball courts, and many trees and walking paths.

Our trip to Dongdaemun Market was crazy. This is the largest wholesale market in Seoul. We saw more stuff in one place than we'd ever seen before. There was a whole alley devoted to brand-name shoe knock-offs. :-)

We're having lots of fun. We needed this, I think, and it's fun to experience an adventure that we can see God designed for us this year.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautiful! Have you gotten a new camera yet?

I haven't gotten my web cam but I'll let you know when I do. I ordered the Daniel book today. How about you?

Stacy said...

And..... I miss ya!

The Other Sister said...

Hi, it's me, your sister! Mom said you didn't get my e-mail. I sent it last week to your hotmail address, but apparently it didn't get through. We were at a family wedding (down in MPLS) the weekend you moved, then the following weekend we went back to MPLS to go to Valleyfair (amusement park). So that is why we were gone both times you called. I have to get a headset in order to call, so I haven't downloaded Skype yet. Our finances are all screwy because the Army doesn't really care that you aren't getting paid at your regular job just because you are working for them, so they can take their sweet time getting your money to you. I love you and miss you! - Jill