Monday, October 8, 2007

Better than Goodwill

We were advised by our friends not to buy furniture, but to scavenge for it. "Look in the basements of apartments and around dumpsters--Koreans throw away all kinds of nice stuff. Leather couches, chairs, desks, tables." We were a bit dubious to go dumpster diving for nice furniture, but we did, and lo and behold, I am now sitting at my new, free dining room table and chairs. We lugged it from the basement of the apartment across the street and up the elevator to the 17th floor, getting stares and giggles from people the whole way. I can just imagine what they were saying to each other: "Those stupid white people. Don't they know they can have furniture delivered?"

1 comment:

Kortney said...

LOL! I love it! I'm having a great mental picture right now. :)