Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rip it off, Go for it!

Which do you prefer--to rip off your band-aid all at once, taking off skin, hair, and scab in one boisterous tug; Or do you like to take it off carefully, whispering, "Ooo!  Ahh!  Ouch!" at each tug of the bandage?  Normally, I prefer the slow, painful approach, but at this time in our lives, Michael and I have chosen to rip it off, and we are planning to move to Seoul, South Korea next week.
Thus begins this blog, to make account of this journey and the adventure upon which God is insisting we embark.  
The basics:
Who: Michael and Eryn
What: Teaching English in Korea
When: Probably next week
Where: Seoul, South Korea
Why: We're not exactly sure

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Yes.. .rip, rip, rip. We are SO excited for you two! Have a Double Double for me this week, will ya!

Bekah said...

Personally I buy the ouchless ones! And I have a Margarita first before I pull it off. LOL Seriously, I am excited to see this whole chapter unfold. Thanks for doing this blog.

Sarah said...

You two are great! May God use you both to His full potential as you experience this one in a lifetime opportunity. Our prayers are with you. We're excited to read your adventures! Brandon, Sarah & Elizabeth

Bill Schaarschmidt said...

Hey Hanes's,

Bill, Zach and Megan here! So good to hear you guys have arrived safely. We will continue to pray as you transition into a very different culture, language, food, etc. Let us know how work goes, eh? You guys are in our thoughts and prayers lots! Megan told me today that she wanted to invite you guys to her birthday party till she remembered you guys were in Korea!

Love you guys,

Bill, etc.

The Other Sister said...

Well, since you asked. Personally, I would really like to rip it off. Fast. But the reality is, I chicken out and peel it off slowly, even though I know I am just prolonging the agony. I also try to avoid band-aids altogether because of the agony of removal. So if I get blood drawn or whatever, I just say 'no', because I'd rather hold the gauze on for a few minutes than suffer through removing the tape, which is worse than being punctured to begin with!