Friday, June 24, 2011

Trip to Los Angeles

Our Trip to Disneyland

When I anticipate thinking back on this trip in the years to come, I imagine that National Lampoon's Vacation will come to mind as they braved the harrowing obstacles they encountered on their cursed way to Wallyworld. Evie and I encountered our own obstacles as we joined my in-laws on a trip to Disneyland and Venice Beach. She and I drove down to Vacaville to ride with Michael's parents on our drive down there. I had the joy of cleaning poop (not mine!) out of our car about 10 minutes into our trip. Then I did it again the next day. Then the day after that, all of Michael's family fell sick, and as they rolled in bed moaning on Friday night, it was up to Evie and me to make our own fun. We were good for a couple of hours before I began to go nuts.

However, we did make it to Disneyland, as well as to the Griffith Observatory, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica. The majority of the trip was great fun, but upset stomachs, vomit, and poor appetites peppered our trip throughout. My brother-in-law and I bonded in a new way when I pulled the car over for him on the busy L.A. I-5 freeway to allow him to hurl out the side of the car.

Here are pictures from the true beginning of our trip (at least in my book). We all went to Disneyland together on Sunday, 3 days into our vacation.

Her classic expression of excitement: "Yaaaay!" as she observed all the kids milling around.

Not sure what she thought of the carousel. She didn't end up liking it very much.

Evie loved her great-uncle, Jimmy. It was the second time she had met him, but she went right to him and wanted him to hold her. He works for Disneyland on the "It's a Small World" ride. He really gave us the hook up; we didn't have to wait in line at all, all day. Thank you, thank you!

The adults also had fun in Disneyland. Here we were in a very (!!) short line for the haunted mansion.

Grandpa Jack became Evie's new buddy. I did not have to hold her much during our trip because she always asked for him. :-)

Evie's ready to go swimming after our first day at Disneyland, a few hours before the vomit hit the toilet.

Evie and I on some caterpillar ride. We were both bored on that one.

Our hotel must have gotten their cribs on discount from Eastern Europe. Very glad I brought my own blankets for her. I always lean toward bringing less gear, but I think I'm gradually learning the bringing your own crib is just better all around. No judgment, please!

More photos to come, as things begin to look up for National Hanes Summer Vacation.


No comments: