Friday, April 22, 2011

Recent Projects

One year for Christmas, my mom presented me with a knitting basket and needles, announcing that we were going to learn (at least I was--she was going to relearn) to knit. I felt a bit dubious about this idea but over the years have come to love knitting. I find it relaxing and satisfying. My friend knit an absolutely scrumptious sweater for Evie last year, and I decided that my fall project would be to knit the same sweater for my friend's baby, due in February. I was very proud of my handiwork and now have the confidence to tackle the more daunting task of knitting myself a sweater.

Here is the "Duck Soup" sweater pattern manifesting itself for yet another sweet baby:

I also had to learn to crochet so I could make that little flower. When I chose the yarn, I could not find a decent color in the yarn I wanted, so I went with this great blue color. But my friend had a girl, so the sweater needed a little feminine touch.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

SUPER cute! I'm loving that flower. You've done well. Can't wait to see what you knit for yourself!