Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New Adventure in Butte County

All I've been hearing about this spring is Table Mountain, Table Mountain, Table Mountain, so I set my mind to visiting this place before what it is most famous for this time of year--wildflowers--disappeared. Table Mountain is a very large mesa that sits just south of Chico. The landscape here is really interesting because it is dotted with buttes (hence the name Butte County) that soon turn into the Sierra Nevada foothills. Table Mountain rises up in the middle of all these smaller buttes and is quite impressive. It turned out to be a fun little afternoon jaunt. For the sake of photography, I wish we'd gone a few hours later--maybe right before sunset--but I hope you will enjoy the photos anyway.
We got to walk right in amongst the cows. I think they're used to having lots of people up there. There were quite a few people picnicking, strolling, and flying kites.


And this is me--well, my shadow. I saw a picture of my very slim self from last summer and and am really looking forward to returning to that territory...




1 comment:

brthomas said...

Good photos! We saw waterfalls at Table Mountain after a rain in Feb. I'm hoping to go back there in spring to see more wildflowers.