Sunday, March 1, 2009

The End of a Chapter--turn the page!

I began this blog when Michael and I began our adventure in Korea about 15 months ago.  We are now eagerly awaiting our return to the States (which happens in 6 days) and the beginning of a new phase in life.  We've come to learn a few things about ourselves and life in the past year and a bit, and we often shake our heads, still surprised that we went to Korea at all.  "How did we get here?" we often ask each other.  But we've never regretted our decision, even though many of you have heard us groan and gnash our teeth over certain aspects of our lives here.

I'm still deciding what to do with this blog when we come home.  I may continue it or I may not. Blogs still verge on being uncomfortably close to a narcissism I don't really want in my life.  However, should I discontinue it, I will still find a way to update the family and other loved ones with photos and anecdotes.

Anyway, after we refresh ourselves in Hawaii :-
) we'll be home for fun times and visiting, so get ready, friends!  Don't be too busy!

Stay tuned for a few more pictures, and then I'll see you in the flesh.  Yay!

                     China still remains the highlight of our time in Asia.  We just loved it there...

2 comments:

Laura said...

i'm SO glad you'll get to have a vacation! and you are so brave for spending TWO YEARS in Korea . . . wowow!!!!!!!! Happy traveling!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm so proud of you guys for taking this adventure!! And really, you didn't miss much here in the states! HA!
Can't wait to see you! What a great birthday present to me! ;-)