Monday, March 9, 2009

Ahhh, Hawaii. And it's only the beginning...

And finally, the moment Michael and I have been waiting for... Kaua'i.  Since we are experiencing jet lag, our first morning was an early one, but I was excited to get some great light for these photos of the beach.  We've been here 2 days, and both of them have been equally wonderful.
The beach, a 5 minute walk from our condo.

Poipu beach, known for being sunny.  No complaints!


Michael is very happy.

Later in the day, we took a drive to Waimea Canyon.  The second biggest canyon in the Pacific--#1 is the Grand Canyon.  We enjoyed the blue, blue ocean and the golden fields as we drove.

An amazing waterfall that we hiked to.  I found the view was better from across the canyon because when we hiked to the top of it, I couldn't actually see the waterfall, just hear it.

It's warm, the air is clean and sweet, and we're not in winter clothes.  Whoo-hoo!


Waimea Canyon


More to come!


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow! I am so envious! You guys have SO earned this trip - enjoy! Go snorkling for me and say hi to my sea turtle friends :)

Laura said...

oh wowow, the "end of korea" pictures make me so sad! but i'm SOOOOOOO happy to see you soooooooooooo laid back in Hawaii! you so deserve it! amazing pictures!