Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wrapping it Up

To those with whom we talk regularly, you probably know as well as we do that our time in Korea will be coming to its completion in 5 weeks.  Wow!  I just realized that I need to get camera crazy as we are out and about for the last portion of our time here.  Here are some pics of a day trip we took when we went to the East Sea (or Sea of Japan, depending on your perspective...).
It was a beautiful day.  Clear, blue skies and the temperature was milder and less biting than the dry, freezing temperatures we'd been enduring in Seoul.

I've never seen a real one of these fish before--what is it?  A blowfish or puffer fish.  I'm not really sure.  They were kind of nifty.



Michael and Jimmy, daring the waves to get bigger.  The waves were about 15 feet high, often higher.  I loved watching them crash into the beach!





Watch out, here comes a big one!


An absolutely gorgeous day!  We enjoyed some great seafood and were able to see a nationally famous fish market.  It abounded with dried fish products, which I didn't really enjoy, but it was interesting, and we got to see many sea creatures that I would have never thought of eating. :-)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow! That looks like a great adventure. It's so sunny and obviously cold, judging by your down coats :) Have a GREAT last 5 weeks!