Thursday, November 22, 2007

Some Technical Difficulties + Happy Thanksgiving!

We've had problems with our internet this past week, so if you haven't heard from us yet, it's because we've basically had no internet. We're working on getting that remedied, but the sense of time is a little different here, so I never expect things in the time they'd be done in the US. "This week," was the estimate for when the internet guys would come, and it's Friday tomorrow. We'll see!

Also, happy Thanksgiving to everyone at home. I miss not being able to have a family celebration this year. However, we're gathering some of our new friends here to celebrate, so we'll have a bit of Thanksgiving spirit here this year. But it's not the same as family, and we miss you!

We've had a first snow here, and I will post pictures when the internet guys have come. Snow (at least this week) has been accompanied by some pretty violent weather. Michael and I found ourselves in the middle of a lightning/hail/snow storm the other night. Lightning came again when it snowed the other day. It made us notice that all the highrises around us (including ours) have several lightning rods on them!

More to come when our bandwidth increases, and Happy Thanksgiving again!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy, happy thanksgiving, a few days late. we had the standard family thing at our house, and it was really enjoyable. I am glad to hear you two are well, and surviving the weather!

I bought through Gates of Splendor this weekend. So, I guess that means I am ready to get started when you are :)