Tuesday, November 13, 2012

These Miracles Are Just the Beginning

It's not been easy, but we are making it--gracefully and grace-filled.  I am learning something profound about faith: when I am where God asks me to be, He takes care of things.  It's so tempting to complicate that truth and put conditions on it, and yet, it is not complicated and it is not conditional.  It just is.  And even so, I know that the evidences of God's work are a mere glance into the depth of His plan.  Yet they amaze me, so I must write them down.

Michael came home for our new baby's birth.  Right on time, with time to spare.
Michael loves his job, and he is learning how vital his role is as a support to missionaries trying to reach an unreached group of people.
Our new little girl, Emma, is here!  Her birth was uncomplicated, quiet, and respectful.  Considering all we have been through this year, I think she deserves such an entrance into this world.
God gave me a relatively easy labor and delivery.  As one person put it to me, the experience was very healing.  I think she was right on the money.
We are successfully living with our family; that is not an easy thing to do, but we are doing it with grace, patience, and as much selflessness as we can manage.  I'm proud of us.
KIA (our school) has been a real support to Michael, especially in regard to taking care of us around the birth of our baby.  They offered to pay for the extra plane ticket it's going to take to get us to China.  That's a huge burden lifted from our bank account.
Paperwork is being taken care of; each step of the way that might have been complicated is not.
...And so much else.

Let this be my exercise in 1 Thessalonians 5:18: In everything, give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

We are grateful.  We believe God is moving us into a profound place.  He is being faithful to us; let us be faithful to Him.

Here's Baby Emma!  7 pounds, 11 ounces.
(sorry it's sideways...)

No comments: